Not working? Install DevalVR, QT or Flash  polski English RSS feedFollow us on TwitterFollow me on Pinterest
Search in panoramas:
»
The Caesar's Fountain (Caesarova kašna) on the Main Square of Olomouc, Czech Republic. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The Caesar's Fountain (Caesarova kašna) on the Main Square of Olomouc, Czech Republic.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.4 MBViews: 2763 (#2185)
Inside the Jesuit Church in Lviv, Ukraine. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside the Jesuit Church in Lviv, Ukraine.

Wikipedia: When constructed in the 1610 and 1620s, it was one of the largest churches in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Sebastian Lachmius, a monk, based his design for the church on that of Il Gesù in Rome. His designs were modified by a professional Italian architect, Jacopo Briano, in 1618–1621. A curious addition to the original design was the 80-meter clocktower on the south side which used to be the tallest building in Galicia. The upper part of this early 18th-century tower was demolished in 1830. In 1740, the vaults were frescoed by the Eckstein brothers from Brno. The paintings were greatly injured during the Soviet period, when the church was used as a storage facility and suffered relative neglect.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.6 MBViews: 2319 (#2359)
Inside Saint Peter's Cathedral in Bologna, Italy. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside Saint Peter's Cathedral in Bologna, Italy.

Wikipedia: "Bologna Cathedral (Italian: Cattedrale Metropolitana di San Pietro, Cattedrale di Bologna), dedicated to Saint Peter, is the cathedral of Bologna in Italy, and the seat and the metropolitan cathedral of the Archbishop of Bologna. Most of the present building dates from the 17th century, with a few parts from the late 16th century. [...] The present interior is emphatically Baroque, giving an impression of majesty and grandeur. Among the works of art are an Annunciation by Ludovico Carracci (a fresco in the central lunette of the presbytery), a Romanesque Crucifixion in cedarwood, and a sculptured group in terracotta depicting the Compianto su Cristo morto ("Lament over the Dead Christ"), by Alfonso Lombardi, of the early 16th century. In the apse are early 20th century paintings by Cesare Mauro Trebbi (1847–1931) including Saint Anne in Glory".
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.7 MBViews: 3529 (#1902)
Inside the church of San Frediano in Cestello in the Oltrarno section of Florence, Italy. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside the church of San Frediano in Cestello in the Oltrarno section of Florence, Italy.

Founded by Carmelite nuns in the mid-15th century, the church was rebuilt by the architect Cerutti in the late 17th century for the Cistercians (whence the name ‘Cestello’). Facing the Arno, it has a façade in rough stone and a dome standing on a tall drum, completed by Antonio Maria Ferri in 1698. Inside, the aisle-less nave with side chapels and the transept are lit by large windows and embellished with baroque stuccoes. In the 17th and 18th century artists such as Antonio Domenico Gabbiani, Camillo Sagrestani, Pier Dandini and Francesco Curradi worked here. Some 14th- and 15th-century paintings and sculptures came here from the old church of San Frediano, Next to the Cestello stands the principal Seminary of Florence. (Text from the information plaque).
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.1 MBViews: 3366 (#1947)
The church of San Frediano in Cestello, Florence, ItalyThe church of San Frediano in Cestello, Florence, ItalyThe church of San Frediano in Cestello, Florence, Italy
Christmas atmosphere inside the Oratorio del Santissimo Sacramento al Tritone in Rome, Italy. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Christmas atmosphere inside the Oratorio del Santissimo Sacramento al Tritone in Rome, Italy.

"Oratorio del Santissimo Sacramento al Tritone is a Baroque church or oratory at Piazza Poli 11 on the Via del Tritone, and belongs to the Archconfraternity of the Blessed Sacrament (Arciconfraternita della Santissimo Sacramento) of the parish of Santa Maria in Via. Construction started during the pontificate of Gregory XIII (1572–1585), but was not completed until 1681. It was completely rebuilt by Gregorini during the pontificate of Benedict XIII (1724–1730), and was again restored and embellished by Tito Armellini in 1867.

The two-storey façade is by Carlo Rainaldi in the style of Borromini, and was completed in 1681. It is wavy with a convex central element flanked by two concave outer elements, and rendered in white. [...] The interior plan is elliptical and the architectural surfaces are richly decorated, with ribbed Composite rectangular pilasters in grey and gold and frescoes by Louis Martinori dating from the 19th century restoration. The large painting over the altar depicting the Holy Family is by Francesco Trevisani, dating from the 18th century rebuilding." (Text from Churches of Rome Wiki).

• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.5 MBViews: 3479 (#1917)
Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Locate all panoramas
Random image
Contact
Interested?
Mail me at
panoramy@zbooy.pl
Last comment
Thursday, Nov 2, 2017: On the walls of Palácio da Pena in Sintra, Portugal
Palácio da Pena
Czy to już jest koniec? :( (widz)
© Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
2005–2017