Not working? Install DevalVR, QT or Flash  polski English RSS feedFollow us on TwitterFollow me on Pinterest
Search in panoramas:
»
Soon arriving in Lviv after a night trip by train from Odessa, Ukraine. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Soon arriving in Lviv after a night trip by train from Odessa, Ukraine.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.7 MBViews: 2032 (#2466)
Inside the Jesuit Church in Lviv, Ukraine. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside the Jesuit Church in Lviv, Ukraine.

Wikipedia: When constructed in the 1610 and 1620s, it was one of the largest churches in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Sebastian Lachmius, a monk, based his design for the church on that of Il Gesù in Rome. His designs were modified by a professional Italian architect, Jacopo Briano, in 1618–1621. A curious addition to the original design was the 80-meter clocktower on the south side which used to be the tallest building in Galicia. The upper part of this early 18th-century tower was demolished in 1830. In 1740, the vaults were frescoed by the Eckstein brothers from Brno. The paintings were greatly injured during the Soviet period, when the church was used as a storage facility and suffered relative neglect.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.6 MBViews: 2319 (#2359)
Inside the Orthodox Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (commonly known as Uspieńska church or the Wallachian Church) in Lviv's Old Town. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside the Orthodox Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (commonly known as Uspieńska church or the Wallachian Church) in Lviv's Old Town.

The current building replaced an earlier church structure, and was built in the period 1591-1629 by Paul Roman, Wojciech Kapinos and Ambrose Przychylny; the bell tower was erected in the years 1571-1578 by Peter Barbon. The Orthodox Church complex is located at ul. Ruska and consists of the Uspensky church, bell tower (the Korniakta Tower) and the Chapel of the Three Saints.

The founder of the first church was Moldovan hospodar Alexandru Lăpușneanu (hence it carries the common name of Vlachs). The second church was erected on the initiative of the Brotherhood of Ouspensky, and the founder of the bell tower and the chapel was Constantine Corniaktos, a Greek merchant. Korniakta Tower is considered one of the most precious monuments of Polish architecture of the sixteenth century Mannerism architectural style." (Text from Wikipedia).

• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.7 MBViews: 2057 (#2445)
The triumphal arch at the Cemetery of the Defenders of Lwów in Lviv, Ukraine. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The triumphal arch at the Cemetery of the Defenders of Lwów in Lviv, Ukraine.

"The Cemetery of the Defenders of Lwów (Polish: Cmentarz Obrońców Lwowa, Cmentarz Orląt, Cemetery of Eaglets, Orlat Cemetery) is a memorial and a burial place for the Poles and their allies who died in Lviv (Polish: Lwów) during the hostilities of the Polish-Ukrainian War and Polish-Soviet War between 1918 and 1920. The complex is a part of the city's historic Lychakiv Cemetery. There are about 3000 graves in that part of the cemetery; some from the Lwów Eaglets young militia volunteers, after whom that part of the cemetery is named. It was one of the most famous necropolises of the interwar Poland. It was neglected after World War II by the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic, and at one time damaged with a bulldozer. Since the fall of communism, the cemetery has seen constant rebuilding and refurbishment and continues to be one of the principal tourist attractions of Lviv." (Text from Wikipedia).
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.1 MBViews: 1971 (#2500)
The Cemetery of the Defenders of LwówThe Cemetery of the Defenders of Lwów on a postcard from 1935
The 2006 statue of Nikifor (1895–1968), a Lemko primitivist painter, near the Dominican church in Lviv, Ukraine. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The 2006 statue of Nikifor (1895–1968), a Lemko primitivist painter, near the Dominican church in Lviv, Ukraine.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 6.1 MBViews: 1752 (#2588)
Nikifor's monument in LvivNikifor's monument in Lviv
Page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Locate all panoramas
Random image
Contact
Interested?
Mail me at
panoramy@zbooy.pl
Last comment
Thursday, Nov 2, 2017: On the walls of Palácio da Pena in Sintra, Portugal
Palácio da Pena
Czy to już jest koniec? :( (widz)
© Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
2005–2017