Not working? Install DevalVR, QT or Flash  polski English RSS feedFollow us on TwitterFollow me on Pinterest
Search in panoramas:
»
The courtyard of the Convent of Poor Clares in Stary Sącz. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The courtyard of the Convent of Poor Clares in Stary Sącz.

"Situated at the juncture of the Poprad and Dunajec rivers, on a trade route between Małopolska and Hungary, Stary Sącz was chartered twice, which is reflected in its urban structure. The first charter dates back to the time of St. Kinga, princess of Kraków and Sandomierz, before 1273. It was envisioned according to an oval-shaped layout, while the one constructed in 1357 follows a chessboard layout, with a rectangular market square in the centre. St. Clare’s convent has played an important role in Stary Sącz ever since its foundation. St. Kinga brought the Sisters of St. Clare to Stary Sącz from Skała, near Kraków. On July 6th, 1280, she renounced her Sądecczyzna lands, which consisted of Stary Sącz and 28 villages, in order to found the convent. It was situated on the outskirts of the town, in accordance with the medieval guidelines for the placement of Franciscan convents and monasteries. The Holy Trinity church (originally St. Clare’s) was eventually consecrated in 1332. The church underwent major remodelling in the 17th and 18th centuries, with the construction of the western gable of the church, decorated in 1777–1779 with volutes, obelisks and an avebell turret associated with Francesco Placidi. Clustered around the quadrangular cloister garth, the convent buildings, initially made of wood, were constructed by the Krakow master, Jan de Simoni, in the early 17th century.

A gate topped with a clock tower opens into the convent complex, surrounded by walls. In the spacious courtyard you can find a field altar built in 1990, the former house of the chaplain (currently the convent museum), the Holy Trinity church, and the cloister gate topped with sgrafitto figures of Christ the Saviour, Blessed Salomea, St. Clare, St. Kinga and St. Francis. The Holy Trinity church comprises a chancel with a polygonal end, a vestry in the north, and a single-nave, two-bay body covered with cross-ribbed vaulting, with the adjoining 14th century St. Kinga’s chapel (originally St. Mary’s) at the south end. The nave is bordered with a one-storey structure, housing a vestibule and a stone vestry on the ground floor, and an oratory on the first floor." (Text from the 13th Annual Days of Cultural Heritage leaflets).

• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.4 MBViews: 4451 (#1523)
An exhibition of 13c St. Kinga's memorabilia in the Convent of Poor Clares in Stary SączAn exhibition of 13c St. Kinga's memorabilia in the Convent of Poor Clares in Stary SączAn exhibition of 13c St. Kinga's memorabilia in the Convent of Poor Clares in Stary SączA 18c copper plaque on the roof of the Convent of Poor Clares in Stary SączAn old epitaph on the wall of the Convent of Poor Clares' church in Stary SączAn old epitaph on the wall of the Convent of Poor Clares' church in Stary SączA memorial plaque on the wall of the Convent of Poor Clares' church in Stary Sącz
St. Stanislaus' church in Frydman, the oldest relic of sacred architecture in this region. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
St. Stanislaus' church in Frydman, the oldest relic of sacred architecture in this region.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.0 MBViews: 6300 (#638)
St. Stanislaus' Church in Frydman
Červený kláštor ('The Red Monastery'): museum exposition of fishing and beekeeping equipment. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Červený kláštor ('The Red Monastery'): museum exposition of fishing and beekeeping equipment.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.5 MBViews: 5472 (#961)
Inside the Mil Mi-24B Hind helicopter on display at the National Museum of the History of the Great Patriotic War in Kiev, Ukraine. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside the Mil Mi-24B Hind helicopter on display at the National Museum of the History of the Great Patriotic War in Kiev, Ukraine.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.0 MBViews: 4013 (#1737)
Mi-24BMi-24BMi-24BMi-24BMi-24BMi-24BMi-24BMi-24BMi-24BAir Show Radom 2011: Mi-24
Page
1
Locate all panoramas
Random image
Contact
Interested?
Mail me at
panoramy@zbooy.pl
Last comment
Thursday, Nov 2, 2017: On the walls of Palácio da Pena in Sintra, Portugal
Palácio da Pena
Czy to już jest koniec? :( (widz)
© Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
2005–2017