Bastion no. 5 "Lubicz" was built to the east from the city centre in 1861-1866. Gradually modernized, it stood there until 1950 when it was partially demolished and levelled while constructing a road leading to the new industrial district of Nowa Huta. The ruins, hidden underground for over 50 years, were uncovered in 2006 when the roundabout was being rebuilt. Conservation efforts were finished in December 2008.