The Ponte degli Scalzi ("bridge of the barefoot [monks]"), is one of only four bridges in Venice, Italy, to span the Grand Canal. A stone arch bridge, designed by Eugenio Miozzi, it was completed in 1934, replacing an Austrian iron bridge. It connects the sestieri of Santa Croce and Cannaregio. On the north side, Cannaregio, are the Chiesa degli Scalzi (Church of the Barefoot or Discalced Monks) and the Santa Lucia railway station. The south side, Santa Croce, is close to the Piazzale Roma bus station. (Text based on Wikipedia).