Not working? Install DevalVR, QT or Flash  polski English RSS feedFollow us on TwitterFollow me on Pinterest
Search in panoramas:
»
The 17th century church of St. Hyacinth on Freta Street in Warsaw. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The 17th century church of St. Hyacinth on Freta Street in Warsaw.

Wikipedia: "St. Hyacinth's Church was founded by the Dominican Order and adjoins Warsaw's largest monastery. The church is a mixture of Renaissance and early-Baroque styles. Its construction began in 1603 and was completed in 1639. During World War II, the church and monastery served the Polish forces in the Warsaw Uprising as a field hospital. This fact turned these buildings into targets of frequent bombing by the Germans".
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.4 MBViews: 5602 (#904)
The 17th century epitaph of Regina Sroczyńska in St. Jack's church in WarsawThe 17th century epitaph of Adam Kotowski in St. Jack's church in WarsawThe 17th century epitaph of Małgorzata Kotowska in St. Jack's church in WarsawThe Kotowski family crypt in St. Jack's church in Warsaw
Inside the Gothic church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo in the Castello district of Venice. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside the Gothic church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo in the Castello district of Venice.

Wikipedia: The Basilica di San Giovanni e Paolo, known in the Venetian dialect as San Zanipolo, is one of the largest churches in the city. It has the status of a minor basilica. After the 15th century the funeral services of all of Venice's doges were held here, and twenty-five doges are buried in the church.

A huge brick edifice built in the Italian Gothic style, it is the principal Dominican church of Venice, and as such was built for preaching to large congregations. It is dedicated to John and Paul, not the Biblical Apostles of the same names, but two obscure martyrs of the Early Christian church in Rome, whose names were recorded in the 3rd century but whose legend is of a later date.

In 1246, Doge Jacopo Tiepolo donated some swampland to the Dominicans after dreaming of a flock of white doves flying over it. The first church was demolished in 1333, when the current church was begun. It was not completed until 1430.

The vast interior contains many funerary monuments and paintings, as well as the Madonna della Pace, a miraculous Byzantine statue situated in its own chapel in the south aisle, and a foot of St Catherine of Siena, the church's chief relic.

• Added to the gallery on File size: 4.4 MBViews: 3368 (#1946)
The church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, VeniceThe church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, VeniceThe church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, VeniceThe church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, VeniceThe church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, VeniceThe church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, Venice: tomb of Doge Tommaso Mocenigo (1423)The church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, VeniceThe church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, Venice: tomb of Doge Pietro Mocenigo (1481)The church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo, Venice: tomb of Doge Pietro Mocenigo (1481)
Inside the church of Santa Sabina on the Aventine Hill in Rome, Italy. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Inside the church of Santa Sabina on the Aventine Hill in Rome, Italy.

Wikipedia: The Basilica of Saint Sabina at the Aventine is a titular minor basilica and mother church of the Roman Catholic Dominican order in Rome, Italy. Santa Sabina lies high on the Aventine Hill, beside the Tiber, close to the headquarters of the Knights of Malta.

Santa Sabina is an early basilica (5th century), with a classical rectangular plan and columns. The decorations have been restored to their original modesty, mostly white. Together with the light pouring in from the windows, this makes the Santa Sabina an airy and roomy place. Other basilicas, such as Santa Maria Maggiore, are often heavily and gaudily decorated. Because of its simplicity, the Santa Sabina represents the crossover from a roofed Roman forum to the churches of Christendom.

Santa Sabina was built by Priest Petrus of Illyria, a Dalmatian priest, between 422 and 432 on the site of the house of the Roman matron Sabina, who was later declared a Christian saint. It was originally near a temple of Juno.

• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.4 MBViews: 9391 (#213)
Page
1
Locate all panoramas
Contact
Interested?
Mail me at
panoramy@zbooy.pl
Last comment
Thursday, Nov 2, 2017: On the walls of Palácio da Pena in Sintra, Portugal
Palácio da Pena
Czy to już jest koniec? :( (widz)
© Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
2005–2017