"The church belonged to the former Cistercian monastery complex. The first chapel was presumably erected here by Duke Bolesław Wysoki in 1175. A fire in 1711 destroyed all buildings except for the belfry (1709-1710). The present, single-nave church was erected between 1712 and 1714. The interior contains elegant baroque furnishings, including the high altar (1716), 8 side altars (the 18th c.) and the organ (1765). Since 1601 members of the Cieplice line of the Schaffgotsch family were buried in the crypt underneath the presbytery. The surrounding wall includes 15 tombstones brought here from Radomierz in 1849." (From the information plaque near the church).