Not working? Install DevalVR, QT or Flash  polski English RSS feedFollow us on TwitterFollow me on Pinterest
Search in panoramas:
»
Mnikowska Valley. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
Mnikowska Valley.

Painting of Mother of God on the Rocks.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 2.9 MBViews: 8916 (#243)
Mnikowska ValleyPicture of Mother of God in Mnikowska Valley
"Never Follow" - a brand new mural artwork by an Italian street artist Blu, painted on a blind wall in the Kraków's district of Podgórze. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
"Never Follow" - a brand new mural artwork by an Italian street artist Blu, painted on a blind wall in the Kraków's district of Podgórze.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.3 MBViews: 4242 (#1634)
A mural by Blu, Kraków-PodgórzeA mural by Blu, Kraków-PodgórzeA mural by Blu, Kraków-PodgórzeA mural by Blu, Kraków-PodgórzeA mural by Blu, Kraków-PodgórzeA mural by Blu, Kraków-PodgórzeA mural by Blu, Kraków-Podgórze
An exhibition in the Gallery of Central Bohemia (Galerie Středočeského kraje) in the former Jesuit College in Kutná Hora. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
An exhibition in the Gallery of Central Bohemia (Galerie Středočeského kraje) in the former Jesuit College in Kutná Hora.

The biggest exhibit is The Last Supper, a 1515 painting by Hans Elfeldar.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 1.5 MBViews: 4140 (#1688)
Exhibition description in the Jesuit College in Kutná HoraHans Elfeldar: The Last Supper (1515)Hans Elfeldar: The Last Supper (1515)Hans Elfeldar: The Last Supper (1515)Hans Elfeldar: The Last Supper (1515)Man of Sorrows - a sculpture of Christ (1511)A sculpture from St. Barbara's church
The famous Brancacci Chapel in the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine in Florence, Italy. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The famous Brancacci Chapel in the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine in Florence, Italy.

Wikipedia: "It is sometimes called the "Sistine Chapel of the early Renaissance" for its painting cycle, among the most famous and influential of the period. Construction of the chapel was commissioned by Pietro Brancacci and begun in 1386. Public access is currently gained via the neighbouring convent, designed by Brunelleschi. The church and the chapel are treated as separate places to visit and as such have different opening times and it is quite difficult to see the rest of the church from the chapel.

The patron of the pictorial decoration was Felice Brancacci, descendant of Pietro, who had served as the Florentine ambassador to Cairo until 1423. Upon his return to Florence, he hired Masolino da Panicale to paint his chapel. Masolino's associate, 21 year old Masaccio, 18 years younger than Masolino, assisted, but during painting Masolino left to Hungary, where he was painter to the king, and the commission was given to Masaccio. By the time Masolino returned he was learning from his talented former student. However, Masaccio was called to Rome before he could finish the chapel, and died in Rome at the age of 27. Portions of the chapel were completed later by Filippino Lippi. Unfortunately during the Baroque period some of the paintings were seen as unfashionable and a tomb was placed in front of them.

Masaccio's application of scientific perspective, unified lighting, use of chiaroscuro and skill in rendering the figures naturalistically established new traditions in Renaissance Florence that some scholars credit with helping to found the new Renaissance style.

The young Michelangelo was one of the many artists who received his artistic training by copying Masaccio's work in the chapel. The chapel was also the site of an assault on Michelangelo by rival sculptor Pietro Torrigiano, who resented Michelangelo's critical remarks about his draughtsmanship. He punched the artist so severely that he "crushed his nose like a biscuit" (according to Benvenuto Cellini), which deformed Michelangelo's face into that of a boxer's.

The first restoration of the chapel frescoes was in 1481-1482, by Filippino Lippi, who was also responsible for completing the cycle. Due to the lamps used for lighting the dark chapel, the frescoes were relatively quickly coated in dust and dirt from the smoke. Another restoration was conducted at the end of the 16th century. Around 1670, sculptures were added, and the fresco-secco additions were made to the frescoes, to hide the various cases of nudity. Late 20th century restoration removed the overpainting and collected dust and dirt. Some critics, including professor and art historian James H. Beck, have criticised these efforts, while others, including professors, historians and restorers, have praised the work done on the chapel.".

• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.7 MBViews: 14565 (#51)
Frescoes in the Brancacci Chapel: "St. Peter Healing the Sick with His Shadow" by MasaccioFrescoes in the Brancacci Chapel: "The Crucifixion of St. Peter" by Filippino LippiFrescoes in the Brancacci Chapel: "St. Paul Visiting St. Peter in Prison" by Filippino LippiFrescoes in the Brancacci Chapel: detail from "Healing of the Cripple and Raising of Tabitha" by MasolinoFrescoes in the Brancacci ChapelFrescoes in the Brancacci Chapel: fragment of "Expulsion from the Garden of Eden" by MasaccioFrescoes in the Brancacci ChapelFrescoes in the Brancacci Chapel: fragment of "The Distribution of Alms and Death of Ananias" by MasaccioFrescoes in the Brancacci Chapel: Adam from "The Temptation of Adam and Eve" by MasolinoFrescoes in the Brancacci Chapel: Eve from "The Temptation of Adam and Eve" by MasolinoFrescoes in the Brancacci Chapel: "St. Peter Being Freed from Prison" by Filippino LippiFrescoes in the Brancacci ChapelFrescoes in the Brancacci Chapel: fragment of "The Crucifixion of St. Peter" by Filippino Lippi
The Contarelli Chapel in the Church of San Luigi dei Francesi in Rome, famous for its three paintings by Caravaggio. 
Click to view this panorama in new fullscreen window
The Contarelli Chapel in the Church of San Luigi dei Francesi in Rome, famous for its three paintings by Caravaggio.

Three paintings, commissioned by Cardinal Mathieu Cointrel in 1599, depict scenes from the life of St. Matthew: The Calling of St Matthew, The Inspiration of Saint Matthew and The Martyrdom of Saint Matthew.
• Added to the gallery on File size: 3.4 MBViews: 6137 (#701)
Caravaggio of San Luigi dei FrancesiCaravaggio of San Luigi dei FrancesiCaravaggio of San Luigi dei Francesi
Page
1
Locate all panoramas
Contact
Interested?
Mail me at
panoramy@zbooy.pl
Last comment
Thursday, Nov 2, 2017: On the walls of Palácio da Pena in Sintra, Portugal
Palácio da Pena
Czy to już jest koniec? :( (widz)
© Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
2005–2017